Thursday 26 November 2009

Gym Day 2

I actually made it for the second day at the gym.

I felt pretty good after the first session until I got to bed, sipping a nice whisky and then fell into a deep, deep sleep. I awoke at 4.30am and could not get back to sleep as I had a big presentation on my mind. I got up, showered, made tea for both of us and then departed to get to the gym ahead of plan.

I felt exhausted - probably the whisky. I did some rowing then cross training, a few weights, showered and went to the office. I have rarely felt so completely whacked out. The day ground on and finally I have returned home and feel totally exhausted and ready for bed by 9pm.

I am determined to keep this going with only respite at the weekends. I can actually feel the dormant muscles tightening but there is a long, long way to go to rid myself of the tummy. What is remarkable was that I was the only one at the gym despite the fact it is at most worst £15 per month and at best free. It's not by any stretch the most well equipped or luxurious of gyms - there are no towels, deodorants, hair gels or cotton buds but it has a few clothes pegs, a bench and shower, complete with an all pervading rancid kit smell.

What more could you ask for? For an aspiring older dad, I am finally feeling I have a chance of being reasonably fit for the baby's arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment