Saturday 19 February 2011

Feeling Rough

I have been a bear with a sore head lately. Poor Scott has had really poor sleep lately and has developed a trend to waking up about 1am and then bawling his eyes out so that he has to sleep with mum and both of us are on tenterhooks as he lies between us. This then can last several hours or even the whole night. While we have tried to alternate responsibility, we are both shattered and it leads to unnecessarily frayed tempers, which is pretty unusual for me.

This morning, I felt a bit better until I read Barclays Bank paid just £113m in Corporation Tax last year when the bonus pool was £3.4bn. I mean, how stupid are we, really? Why do we put up with such nonsense and allow fat and happy people to take advantage of our lives, our money, our tax and our prospects for work when all they do is lie, cheat and make money out of thin air then lose?

You see, that's an example of daft angst for no reason other than tiredness.

But here's the bright side. On Thursday, Scott was one year old and he loved his day with family. My brother and he wife travelled all the way from wales to see him while we we inundated with my wife's family for the evening and cake cutting. Scott was in his element, surrounded by all the people he loves and he loved all his presents.

Today, we have a wider party and some 30 people will be coming including y elder sister and husband on their way through to Heathrow for a holiday and folks from near and far too. We have hit Costco and frankly the 2nd Battalion the Parachute Regiment could turn up and we would still have leftovers. I raided Sainsburys for beer, wine and soft drinks last night as well and let's hope there is a thirst amongst guests or we ill be drinking until Christmas.

This has been the best part. As I speak, he is delightfully playing in his Playpen with his new toys while mum gets some rest with little lump growing at a grand old rate.

Suddenly, I fell better. And that's been the pattern of things. s that normal? I have no idea.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment